Investment Property Loan features
Borrow from 5 million yen to 100 million yen
Comprehensive English support
No credit guarantee fees or surety fees
Can be used for new loans and refinancing
- Preferential interest rates available for qualified customers
There is also a preferential interest rate program for PRESTIA GOLD and PRESTIA GOLD PREMIUM customers, or for customers meeting certain requirements. Please contact SMBC Trust Bank for more details.
SMBC Trust Bank will cover premiums for Group Life Insurance
The maximum amount covered by group life insurance is 100 million yen (including disability coverage).
No fee for credit guarantee fees or surety fees at all
Loan products covered by insurance companies usually require credit guarantee fees or surety fees etc.
SMBC Trust Bank doesn't charge credit guarantee fees and surety fees.
No fee for partial early payments (Reduced period type only by phone)
Interest Plans (Sign loan agreements by the end of , )
For people thinking of investing in real estate
Take your investments to the next level.
We have a variety of attractive incentives for people seeking to profit from investments in real estate.
- Can be used for investment properties from condominiums to buildings with up to four dwellings.
- These loans aren't just for new properties - use our loans to purchase older properties, or for refinancing.
- Condominiums can range from single rooms to family apartments.
Investment Property Loan overview
- Applicants must be 20 or older to borrow loans, and younger or until their 80th birthday for final repayment.
- Applicants must be eligible for group credit life insurance.
- Applicants must be citizens or residents of Japan.
- Applicants must have a stable source of income and annual income must be over 7 million yen in the previous fiscal year.
- *All legal documents, including terms and conditions, are in Japanese.
- *English translations may be provided as a reference guide only.
- Borrowing amount
- Between 5 million yen and 100 million yen (in increments of 100,000 yen). The loan amount must be less than or equal to 80% of the purchase price or the assessed value of the collateral (as established by SMBC Trust Bank), whichever is lower.
- In case of property purchase, property price must be equal to or more than 10 million yen.
- *Please note that loan to value ratio will depend on annual income, property and other factors.
- Loan term
- 1 to 30 years
- Customers will create a first mortgage on purchased or newly-built real estate, or on real estate which is subject to refinancing.
- Not required.
- Use of funds
- Funds for the purchase or construction of investment property (including the refinance of investment property loans from other banks or companies).
- Interest rate terms
- Fixed rate (1 year / 3 years / 5 years / 7 years / 10 years)
- Interest rate change rules after the initial applicable interest rate period ends
- By applying during the period specified by SMBC Trust Bank, you can select an investment property loan with a fixed rate for 3, 5, 7 or 10 years (called a "Fixed rate reselection"). However, there is a fee for making this selection. If you do not apply during the application period, your loan will be a fixed rate loan (1 year) that is subject to review every year.
- The initial interest rate change date will vary according to the loan date and bonus repayment month you have selected.
- Repayment method
- Equal repayments of principal and interest. Payments will automatically be deducted from the repayment account on the certain day of each month.
- Customers can make semiannual repayments in addition to monthly repayments.
- A maximum of 50% of the loan amount can be repaid at bonus time.
Partial early repayments*
- Reduced period type : Repayments can be made by phone, at branches (excluding mini branches), or by mail.
- Repayment amount mitigation type : Repayments can be made at branches (excluding mini branches) or by mail only.(Repayments cannot be made by phone.)
Full advance repayments*
- Full early repayments can be made at branches (excluding mini branches), or through the mail.
- *See the corresponding section below for details about fees.
- Group credit life insurance
- The borrower is required to enroll in the group credit life insurance policy specified by SMBC Trust Bank. (SMBC Trust Bank will bear the cost of the insurance premiums.)
- The maximum amount covered by group credit life insurance is 100 million yen (including disability coverage).
Administrative fees at time of loan
- 165,000 yen (including tax) for new loans
Credit guarantee fees or surety fees
Fees for partial early repayment
- By phone : Free of charge
- *Reduced period type only
In writing or at the counter (excluding mini branches) or through the mail : 5,500 yen (including tax) will be charged for each payment. * Reduced period type and repayment amount mitigation type.
Fees for full early repayment
- Only at branches (excluding mini branches) and through the mail : 1.1% of outstanding balance (including tax)
- Fees for switching to a fixed rate loan : 5,500 yen (including tax)
- The borrower bears the cost of mortgage execution fees and stamp duties.
- Staff at our branches and Loan Promotion Dept. would be glad to calculate sample housing loan repayment scenarios. Please feel free to ask.
- Please refer to the Information Memorandum before submitting your application. This document is available at our branches, mini branches and on the SMBC Trust Bank PRESTIA Website.
- Please be aware that the decision to extend the loan is based on screening of applications. We may not always be able to meet your request.
- The Investment Property Loan overview is subject to change without notice at any time.
Areas for which loans are available
Tokyo | Kanagawa | Saitama | Chiba
- *As of September 28, 2016
- *The above areas are subject to change without notice at any time.
Before contacting us
Please refer to our FAQ for helpful tips