You can select from three types depending on your needs.
There are different types of Premium Deposits corresponding to the currency you deposit. "Deposit in Japanese Yen" starts from Yen funds; "Deposit in Foreign Currency" and "Cross Currency Type" start from foreign currency funds.
A quick guide to Premium Deposit (Deposit in Japanese yen)
Why do Premium Deposits offer better interest rates than regular time deposits?
In addition to the interest rate of a regular time deposit, Premium Deposit interest rates include a part of "premium" that is obtained by selling currency options in the applicable currencies. This premium can vary greatly depending on the combination of conditions you choose, and on market conditions. In addition, the higher the chances are of a currency conversion occurring on the maturity date, the higher the premium will be. If you want a high return, the associated risk will also be higher, so please make sure that you understand the nature of the product and its associated risks before transacting.
Earn higher interest than with a regular time deposit by taking currency conversion risk. You can transact in real time online or by phone 24 hours a day.*
- *Excluding certain time periods, Japanese national holidays and December 31 through January 3. Transaction may be unavailable on overseas holidays due to market condition.
Three advantages of transactions at online banking
- Add-on interest rates regardless of the deposit amount. (Base interest rate x 5% add-on)*1
- Deposit term includes 1-week
- Real time transaction in 24 hours a day*2
Via online banking, you can earn base interest rate x 5% higher interest rate than the regular Premium Deposit in the same conditions. (Except in the case of a campaign for add-on interest rate, etc.)
Please make sure to check the applicable interest rate in the confirmation screen.
e.g.) If the base interest rate is 4.000% (pre-tax annual interest rate), applicable interest rate shall be 4.200% (pre-tax annual interest rate)
Calculation: 4.000+4.000x0.05=4.200% (pre-tax annual interest rate)
- *2You can make transactions anytime from Monday morning at 8:00 A.M. until Saturday morning at 5:00 A.M. in principle. Excluding certain time periods, Japanese national holidays and December 31 through January 3. Transaction may be unavailable on overseas holidays due to market condition.
This product is a structured deposit whereby the exchange rate at maturity determines the currency in which you receive your deposit principal.
Premium Deposit is not suitable for customers to whom the following conditions apply;
- Customers to whom currency exchange is an absolute priority.
- Customers who do not wish to absorb a loss in their invested principal.
- Customers who do not wish to be exposed to the risk of foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations.
This product entails some risks such as loss of principal in the original deposit currency and/or Japanese yen. Please read the "Information Memorandum and Pre-Contract Document" carefully, and make sure you fully understand the product before making the transaction.
Please see here for the details of Risk of loss of principal, Commissions, Other considerations and available currencies, etc.
Customers can use the following methods to check the strike prices that can be set, applicable interest rates, etc.
- *Connecting to transaction menu from above.
Navigation Menu: Investment & Reports > Premium Deposit (Structured Deposits)