You can select from three types depending on your needs.
There are different types of Premium Deposits corresponding to the currency you deposit. "Deposit in Japanese Yen" starts from Yen funds; "Deposit in Foreign Currency" and "Cross Currency Type" start from foreign currency funds.
Why do Premium Deposits offer better interest rates than regular time deposits?
In addition to the interest rate of a regular time deposit, Premium Deposit interest rates include a part of "premium" that is obtained by selling currency options in the applicable currencies. This premium can vary greatly depending on the combination of conditions you choose, and on market conditions. In addition, the higher the chances are of a currency conversion occurring on the maturity date, the higher the premium will be. If you want a high return, the associated risk will also be higher, so please make sure that you understand the nature of the product and its associated risks before transacting.
<USD or AUD only Campaign>Base interest rate x 20% add-on interest rates will be applied !
When depositing Premium Deposits (Deposit in Yen) and selecting USD or AUD as counter currency, add-on interest rates will be applied regardless of the transaction channel for a limited period.(Base interest rate x 20% add-on)
Campaign Period:August 2,2021(Mon) to March 31,2022(Thu)
e.g.) If the base interest rate is 4.000% (pre-tax annual interest rate), applicable interest rate shall be 4.800% (pre-tax annual interest rate)
<Calculation>4.000+4.000x0.20 = 4.800% (pre-tax annual interest rate)
* PRESTIA Online limited add-on rate (Base interest rate x 5%) will not be applied.
* Please note that add-on interest rates will not be applied for Premium Deposit submitted before August 2, 2021
* In principle, interest is subject to a 20.315% withholding tax (National tax 15.315% and Local tax 5%) for individual customers. Comprehensive income taxation applies to corporate customers. The tax rate etc. may change in the future due to reasons such as the revision of tax laws.
For more details, please click here.
Earn higher interest than with a regular time deposit by taking currency conversion risk. You can transact in real time online or by phone 24 hours a day.*
- *Excluding certain time periods, Japanese national holidays and December 31 through January 3. Transaction may be unavailable on overseas holidays due to market condition.
Three advantages of transactions at PRESTIA Online
- Add-on interest rates regardless of the deposit amount. (Base interest rate x 5% add-on)*1*2
- Deposit term includes 1-week
- Real time transaction in 24 hours a day*3
- *1 Via PRESTIA Online, You can earn base interest rate x 5% higher interest rate than the regular Premium Deposit in the same conditions.
Please make sure to check the applicable interest rate in the confirmation screen.
Please refer to *2 for the transaction in USD or AUD.
e.g.) If the base interest rate is 4.000% (pre-tax annual interest rate), applicable interest rate shall be 4.200% (pre-tax annual interest rate)
<Calculation>4.000+4.000x0.05 = 4.200% (pre-tax annual interest rate)
- *2When depositing Premium Deposits (Deposit in Yen) and selecting USD or AUD as counter currency, add-on interest rates will be applied regardless of the transaction channel for a limited period. (Base interest rate x 20% add-on)
PRESTIA Online limited add-on rate (Base interest rate x 5%) will not be applied.
- *3 You can make transactions anytime from Monday morning at 8:00 A.M. until Saturday morning at 5:00 A.M. in principle. Excluding certain time periods, Japanese national holidays and December 31 through January 3. Transaction may be unavailable on overseas holidays due to market condition.
This product is a structured deposit whereby the exchange rate at maturity determines the currency in which you receive your deposit principal.
Premium Deposit is not suitable for customers to whom the following conditions apply;
- Customers to whom currency exchange is an absolute priority.
- Customers who do not wish to absorb a loss in their invested principal.
- Customers who do not wish to be exposed to the risk of foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations.
Please read the guidelines below before you apply for this product.
This product entails some risks such as loss of principal in the original deposit currency and/or Japanese yen. Please read the "Information Memorandum and Pre-Contract Document" carefully, and make sure you fully understand the product before making the transaction.
Risk of Loss of Principal
If the conversion to Counter Currency happens, the equivalent value of the maturity amount including interest in the deposited currency and/or Yen may become less than the initial deposit value due to FX fluctuation. Please read carefully, and understand, the precautions for each type of investment for information about the risk of loss of principal for "Deposit in Yen", "Deposit in Foreign Currency" and "Cross Currency Type".
- Deposit Insurance
[Deposit in Yen]: Deposit is covered by Deposit Insurance. In the case where the principal is converted to foreign currency, it is not covered by Deposit Insurance after the principal is deposited into Foreign Currency Savings Account. When it is covered, only the principal up to 10 million yen totaling all deposits you have with us that are in the scope of Deposit Insurance and interest until the insurable contingency are covered by Deposit Insurance. For the interest of this product, Deposit Insurance will cover up to the amount equivalent to the Yen time deposit interest for the same tenor and amount, the rate for which is separately stipulated. Any excess interest amount will not be covered by Deposit Insurance.
[Deposit in Foreign Currency]: Deposit is not covered by Deposit Insurance. In the case where the principal is converted to Yen, it is covered by Deposit Insurance after the principal is deposited into Yen Savings Account.
[Cross Currency Type]: Deposits are not covered by Deposit Insurance during deposit or after maturity.
- The payment will be made by crediting the proceeds of the principal and interest as of the maturity date into the PRESTIA MultiMoney Savings Account of the respective currency on the maturity date or the following bank business day.
The savings interest rate will apply to the deposit on and after the maturity date.
- In case of US residents, we may not be able to accept your application.
- Please see here for the details of Risk of loss of principal, Commissions, Other considerations and available currencies, etc.
Company Name：SMBC Trust Bank Ltd.
- Products and services featured here may not be purchasable or able to be provided to customers for various reasons determined by SMBC Trust Bank. We kindly request your understanding in advance.
Customers can use the following methods to check the strike prices that can be set, applicable interest rates, etc.
- *Connecting to transaction menu from above.
Navigation Menu: Investment & Reports > Premium Deposit (Structured Deposits)