By phone or at branch
Consult with our English Mortgage Experts
Please feel free to ask about our loan product, interest rate plans, process, or any questions you have for SMBC Trust Bank loan. PRESTIA English Speaking Mortgage Experts will provide knowledgeable advice.
Submit Application Forms
Submit by post or branch
Submit application forms and documents to branch
Loan Application Form
The procedure to take Housing Loan begins with an application form.
This loan application will require a few basic information about the applicant. Usually, including:
- The personal details of the applicant (Name, Date of birth, Residential address , etc.)
- The employment details of the applicant (company information, annual salary)
- The asset/liability information of the applicant
- The existing loan information of the applicant
- The loan request information
- The property details on which the loan is applied
Group Credit Life Insurance Application and Health Condition Questionnaire
Applicants must be eligible for group credit life insurance.
You will be asked to notify your health conditions to enroll. For more details, please see here.
Please submit the valid documents required by the bank. Usually, including:
- Identity verification documents
- Income documentation
- Property documentation
- Documents for other loans
(For details, please refer to "Documents for loan application".)
Property Appraisal & Credit Review
SMBC Trust Bank staff will contact you by phone if necessary
Submit additional document(s) if necessary
We may request you to submit additional document(s).
SMBC Trust Bank staff will contact you by phone or post
Receive the result of credit review
We will inform you about the result of credit review, borrowing conditions, contract process, etc.
- *There will be a confirmation of your company enrollment by phone before loan contract.
In case of purchase
Please contact your real estate agent to proceed with the property purchase process.
SMBC Trust Bank recommends the owner(s) of collateral real estate to subscribe to property insurance against damage by fire, earthquake, etc. in order to be financially prepared to such risk, although the subscription is not a requirement for the loan contract.
In case of refinance
Please inform your existing loan bank about the early repayment.
For details, please refer to refinance preparation guide for loan contract.
Prepare necessary documents for loan contract
Please submit the valid documents required by the bank on loan contract day. Usually, including:
- Either of the following documents of non-Japanese borrower, joint guarantor, joint debtor and security provider
- *Residence Card (在留カード) or Special Permanent Resident Certificate (特別永住者証明書)
- Driver's license of Japanese borrower, joint guarantor, joint debtor and security provider
- Cash card and registered seal/signature of the borrower's SMBC Trust Bank account
- 2 copies of certificate of registered seal (印鑑証明書) of borrower, joint guarantor, joint debtor and security provider (issued within 3 months before disbursement date)
- Registered seal (実印) of borrower, joint guarantor, joint debtor and security provider
- Residence certificate including all family members (住民票) (issued within 3 months before disbursement date)
- Title deed for the land/building (登記識別情報)
- Document showing the remittance information
- Sales contract / Building contract Agreement
- Receipt of deposit
- Other document(s) if required
For details, please refer to "Documents for loan contract".
If you prefer to change your interest rate plans, please tell our staff before loan contract date.
Please note that you cannot change your interest rate plans after loan contract.
On the day of Loan Contract
- All related persons (borrower, joint guarantor, joint debtor and security provider of housing loans, and any if required) are required to visit our branch.
- You will sign and stamp your registered seal on contract documents after you fully understand the details.
- The cost of the revenue stamp, according to the loan amount, is asked to be paid by the borrower and will be deducted from his or her SMBC Trust Bank Yen savings account on the disbursement day.
The judicial scrivener receives necessary documents related to collateral registration, and explains about its expenses.
At branch or without branch
Prepare necessary documents for loan disbursement (in case you visit our branch).
In 5 business days or later, in principle, we credit your borrowed fund to your SMBC Trust Bank Yen savings account.
In case you visit the branch on loan disbursement day, please bring in your bank seal (not for those who have registered with their signature), cash card, and other documents which is told to bring in from your real estate agent.
In case of purchase
All related parties (purchaser and seller) must
- Visit our branch
- Give necessary documents for registration of the collateral real estate to the judicial scrivener
After Loan disbursement
Please submit the original copy of residence certificate or registered seal certificate with new address within 1 month after the disbursement date.
In case of refinance
Please visit your existing loan bank and receive necessary documents for deleting the existing mortgage registration and hand them to the judicial scrivener.
Before contacting us
Please refer to our FAQ for helpful tips