|Currency||Annual interest rate before tax (%)||Exchange rate|
|Savings Account||PRESTIA MultiMoney Account||TTS||Mid Rate||TTB|
|New Zealand Dollar|
|Hong Kong Dollar|
|Chinese Yuan Offshore|
|South African Rand|
Foreign Currency Exchange Rates
- FX rates (including FX commissions) are quoted each time based on current FX market in principal. In such cases, FX commissions by currency are the same as the ones applied above.
- The foreign exchange rates shown above may change without notice as the foreign exchange market moves or due to other reasons. Also, please note that the time of update shown above indicates the time of updating the rates in the chart, and does not indicate the time of the latest rate change. Please make sure to check the actual rates indicated in PRESTIA Online or PRESTIA Mobile when you transact. There may be a gap between the rates shown above and the actual rates at a time of transaction.
Savings Deposit Interest Rates
- The savings interest rate is a floating rate.
- Above interest rates are annual pretax interest rates. In principle, interest is subject to 20.315% withholding tax (National tax 15.315% and Local tax 5%) for individual customers. Comprehensive income taxation applies to corporate customers. The tax rate etc. may change in the future due to reasons such as revision of tax laws.
- Interest rates are changed according to market fluctuation and are subject to change without notice at any time.
- Deposits in foreign currencies have country risks such as fluctuations in foreign currency rates, decreased liquidity, and the possibility for dysfunction in foreign exchange markets caused by changes in economic and political situations, as well as changes in regulations, etc. Certain transactions may also be restricted, such as a restriction on the withdrawal of deposits.
Particularly, emerging-market currencies such as South African Rand (ZAR), Chinese Yuan (CNY), Turkish Lira (TRY), Mexican Peso (MXN), etc. have higher risk than currencies of developed countries. With regard to currency exchange, deposits, withdrawals, etc., such transactions may be restricted due to changes in regulations, etc.
Furthermore, emerging-market currencies carry the risk of a high level of fluctuations in foreign currency rates due to the economic and political situation of countries which issue the currencies.
Before transacting in emerging-market currencies, please be sure that you understand that transactions in these currencies have a relatively higher risk compared to transactions in the currencies of developed countries.
- There is no risk of a loss of principal in the deposited foreign currency, but the Yen-equivalent value of the deposited foreign currency amount may rise and fall due to FX fluctuations (foreign currency risk). The rate at which yen is converted into foreign currency (TTS rate) and vice-versa (TTB rate) each includes a foreign exchange commission set by SMBC Trust Bank. As a result, the amount in yen, including interest, that you receive may be smaller than the amount in yen at the time of deposit, resulting in a loss of principal, unless the yen depreciates against the foreign currency by a margin that exceeds the foreign exchange commission, and not only in the case that the yen appreciates against the foreign currency.
- The rate at which Yen is converted to another currency (TTS rate) and the rate at which a foreign currency is converted to Yen (TTB rate) each include the foreign exchange commission prescribed by SMBC Trust Bank (e.g. 1 yen for conversion to or from 1 US dollar; 2 yen for conversion to and from 1 US dollar).
- Foreign Currency Cash Handling Charge : When you deposit or withdraw US dollar or Euro in cash, the Foreign Currency Cash Handling Charge (2 yen per US dollar/3 yen per Euro) will be applied.
- Because other commissions for fund transfer etc. differ according to conditions in transactions, we can't show information about them beforehand.
- Please inquire at a branch or via PRESTIA Phone Banking or see the Service Fee List for more information about each commission.
- Only principal up to 10 million yen totaling all deposits you have with us that are in the scope of Deposit Insurance and interest until the insurable contingency are covered by Deposit Insurance.
- Foreign currency deposits are not covered by any deposit insurance.
- For transactions in ZAR, CNY, TRY, MXN, etc., the conditions may be restricted (the timing of deposits, withdrawals, etc.). During Market contingency etc. which SMBC Trust Bank regards it as necessary, transactions in foreign currencies may be suspended without prior notice.
- SMBC Trust Bank handles Chinese Yuan offshore only and uses `CNY' to denote RMB(Renminbi) funded in the offshore market, based on the currency code used on the global settlement system, while onshore RMB circulates on Mainland China.
- Information Memorandums and Pre-Contract Documents and Information Memorandums for deposit products are available at our website, branch or by mail for detailed product specification. For details, please ask our staffs or call to PRESTIA Phone Banking (0120-110-330).