To customers with stimulus checks
(COVID-19 Economic Impact Payment) issued by the U.S. Treasury
Thank you very much for banking with SMBC Trust Bank PRESTIA.
Please refer to the following steps to customers with stimulus checks (COVID-19 Economic Impact Payment) issued by the U.S. Treasury.
1. Please open an account via PRESTIA Online.
- The bank account must be opened in order to deposit the checks.
- It will take approximately 2 weeks to open the account via Internet.*
- Please consider enough lead time for application.
*If you are a U.S. Person (U.S. citizen, U.S. resident, or Green Card Holder), we would request you to submit "Substitute Form W-9- Requests for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification" and "Self Certification Pursuant to the Law concerning the Special Measures of the Income Tax Law, the Corporation Tax Law and the Local Tax Law for the Enforcement of Income Tax Conventions (the "Law") (New Account)(for Individuals)" separately to SMBC Trust Bank. Approximately 4 weeks will be required to open the account in this case.
- 20 years or older.
- Resident in Japan who have registered the address at municipal office.
- Customer who is a tax resident only of Japan or United States of America.
- Camera/SMS enabled smartphone and e-mail address.
About account maintenance fee
- SMBC Trust Bank PRESTIA automatically withdraws a monthly account maintenance fee of 2,200 yen (including tax) from your account on the second business day of each month.
- Please click here for further information of the conditions for account maintenance fee waiver.
2. Please check the points listed below prior to bringing the checks to our branch.
To customers with stimulus checks (COVID-19 Economic Impact Payment) issued by the U.S. Treasury, please confirm your check validation on your own in advance on IRS website etc.
Please note that we may not be able to accept the check without your confirmation of validation.
- Check issuance date is within 1 year
- Payee and account holder's name are the same*
- The note below printed on bottom left of the check:
1.⌈ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENT⌋
2.⌈ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENT
PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP⌋
*If the check payee's name is printed differently to the account holder's name
If the check has been issued to joint payee (i.e: you and your spouse)
Please require the joint payee to fill in the Permission for Check Deposit and sign as printed on his/her passport.
Please also endorse the checks with same signature.
Make a copy of his/her passport to verify the signature.
In order to deposit checks, the account holder should apply by bringing the documents above.
The form is also available at the branch.
If the check has been issued to the third party.
We are sorry but we can not accept any checks issued to the third party.
Other than above
Please contact here.
* Available on Weekdays 9:00-17:00.
Notes about foreign check deposits
- A collection fee for USD dollar-denominated check deposit is required.
- Commission fee includes our collection fee and sundry expenses.
- If the check is found to be dishonored, a specified check return fee will be additionally charged. Any additional fee claimed by the payable bank will also be charged to the customers.
- Deposit date (value date) for foreign checks are set after a retention period prescribed by SMBC Trust Bank. (maximum 1 month)
- Value date varies according to each transactions. Please contact the branch staff for details.
- Please bring your cash card, registered seal (if applicable), and ID when visiting the branch. My Number (the Individual Number) will be required for check deposit.
24 hours a day, 365 days a year.