About Charge-Free ATM Transactions
Banking Card (International cash card)
Withdraw local currency using affiliated ATMs overseas
- Use your Banking Card at over 2.6 million ATMs in over 200 countries and regions around the world.
- You can withdraw money from your Yen Savings account in local currencies.
- Be free of worries about carrying too much cash when abroad.
PRESTIA Gaika Cash Card
Withdraw US dollar cash in the US directly from your U.S. Dollar Savings Account
- Funds in US dollars in your PRESTIA Gaika Cash Card U.S. Dollar Savings Account can be withdrawn in US dollars.
- Since you are just withdrawing US dollar funds that you already have in your PRESTIA Gaika Cash Card U.S. Dollar Savings Account, there are no foreign exchange fees in each withdrawal.
- Since you can use ATMs across the United States, there is no need to carry large amounts of cash with you.
* Deducted charges will be reimbursed. For more details, please see “Important Notes on Using Your Card overseas”.
Using Overseas ATMs
Yen Savings Account and U.S. Dollar Savings Account for individual customers
For cash withdrawals at ATMs overseas
ATMs displaying the PLUS logos worldwide
Important Notes on Using Your Card overseas
【Exchange rates and ATM service fees】
- When you withdraw local currency from an ATM abroad with your Banking Card, the designated rate (the foreign exchange rate set by Visa + 3% of overseas service fee) will be used to convert into yen.
- You will be charged an overseas ATM service fee of 200 yen (excluding tax) per withdrawal when using your Banking Card, and 2 US dollars per withdrawal when using your PRESTIA Gaika Cash Card. The fees will be deducted once at every withdrawal, but each month's usage will be totaled for each card and reimbursed into an yen savings account by the end of the following month. For the portion where a PRESTIA Gaika Cash Card is used, reimbursement will be made by yen exchanged at the designated rate.
- The overseas ATM fees charged to PRESTIA GOLD/PRESTIA GOLD PREMIUM customers will be reimbursed on the same day.
- The owners of ATMs may charge an additional fee.
[Available only to individual customers]
- Use of ATMs overseas is restricted to individuals. Furthermore, regulations concerning foreign currency exchange require that funds withdrawn overseas are used only to cover costs associated with your overseas stay (e.g. accommodation expenses, travel expenses, dining expenses, other living expenses, purchase of personal items and gifts, school fees, medical expenses).
- Products and services including interest rates, fees, exchange rates etc. featured here are available for SMBC Trust Bank PRESTIA.
- Products and services featured here may not be purchasable or able to be provided to customers for various reasons determined by SMBC Trust Bank. We kindly request your understanding in advance.
As of July, 2018