SMBC Trust Bank's Three Promises
We promise and declare the following to every stakeholder in view of the importance of the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
We position the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing as one of our most important business challenges, and build a company-wide management framework accordingly.
We comply with the applicable laws and regulations relating to anti-money laundering and combating terrorist financing.
We never tolerate money laundering and terrorist financing and will never be involved with them.
Requests to Customers
We may cause you the following troubles and inconveniences through our measures to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing.
Your understanding of the measures and cooperation with them would be greatly appreciated.
- We may ask you matters not covered by application forms.
- Other than basic matters such as name, address, contact number, and birth date, we may ask you in detail your attributes such as occupation, purpose/background of the transaction, source of funds, and use of funds, etc.
- We may ask you to update your information.
- We may ask you at the branch or by mail if there is a change on your information obtained above, such as basic information, customer information and transaction details and ask to update them if there is a change.
- We may ask you to show some evidence.
- We may ask you to show us your driver's license or other ID, or evidence of the background, details, or legality of your transactions.
- We may restrict your transactions or decline your request.
- If you do not provide requested information or for other reasons, we may decline your request for a new account, restrict/suspend/close your existing account, decline individual transactions such as overseas remittances or foreign exchanges, or it may take some time to check the transactions you request.
- If you are a foreign national,
- We may ask you to submit a document that shows the status and period of your stay.
- Account usage may be limited partially if we can not confirm the update of the registration of period of your stay after the registrated period of stay comes. (For details please refer to FAQ)
Japanese Bankers Association
Refer to JBA website for more information.